#WorkitWednesday- What to Post on Social Media

Posted on February 18, 2015 by Kara in Work it Wednesday, Social Media

Ever what you’re supposed to be posting to social media? How do you make good use of your networking sites?

In a recent article, Social Media Examiner presented an 80/20 rule for content. This basically suggests that 80% of your content should be informative, but not sales/strategy oriented. It can be anything that appeals to the needs of your clients/potential clients. The other 20% can sales, deals, brand oriented things.

This is a great place jumping off point! Part of the 80% will be curated from sources outside your company. And, the smaller your team, the higher the percentage will have to be. However, as large of a chunk as you can manage should be original material. Informative articles and such from outside sources are important, but why should you use your channels and audience to promote someone else’s content? You should be promoting your own content as much as possible! Blog, create graphics, offer tips and tidbits, but be original.

When posting, remember to research and use relevant hashtags. Especially if you’re using Twitter or Instagram. It can really boost the reach of each of your posts.

And here are a few other ideas we’ve touched on in previous blogs:

DON’T BE AFRAID TO GET IT WRONG. You may have to get it wrong a hundred times before you get it right.

BE YOU. Your posts will get more engagement and attract more people if they can see your personality come through.

USE A CALENDAR. Calendars are the best way to keep everything organized. We really don’t know what we’d do without ours. So use one. It’s a life saver.

Still confused? Need help getting started? Get in touch with us. We always offer free consultations to set you on the right path when it comes to your content and social media!